2023 Fall Economic Statement
Building a strong economy that works for everyone
The 2023 Fall Economic Statement delivers the next phase of the government’s economic plan to help create good jobs, build more homes, and make life more affordable.
Canada’s Housing Action Plan
The government is taking action to build more homes, faster, while protecting renters, buyers, and homeowners.
- The new Canadian Mortgage Charter
- Accelerating how communities build housing
- Building more affordable housing
- More financing for apartment construction
- Cracking down on non-compliant short-term rentals
Read more about Canada’s Housing Action Plan.
Making life more affordable
The government is continuing to deliver on its economic plan to help make life more affordable for Canadians.
- Strengthening competition to help stabilize prices in Canada
- Making groceries more affordable
- Cracking down on junk fees
- Removing the GST/HST from psychotherapy and counselling
- Delivering dental care for Canadians
Read more about the government’s plan for a strong middle class.
Building an economy that works for all Canadians
The government is announcing the next steps to build a stronger economy, fight climate change, and create great careers for Canadians.
- Snapshot of recent investments in the clean economy
- Delivering clean economy investment tax credits
- Creating opportunities for workers and businesses
Read more about the government’s plan to grow Canada’s economy.
Delivering for Canadians
Economic and fiscal overview
Canada’s economy has remained resilient after a strong recovery from the pandemic. Read more about the Canadian economic outlook and the government’s responsible fiscal plan.
The IMF projects that Canada will have the strongest growth in the G7 next year. Read more about detailed economic projections, the government’s budgetary outlook, and its plan to maintain both the lowest deficit and net debt-to-GDP ratio of all G7 countries.
- Date modified: